Futura is preparing leaders for the technological and scientific age of tomorrow.
STEM is a curriculum based on educating students in four specific disciplines — science, technology, engineering and mathematics — in an interdisciplinary and applied approach. Rather than teach the disciplines as separate and discrete subjects, STEM integrates them into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications.
Innovative Thinking - A study by the McKinsey Global Institute estimates up to 800 million of today’s jobs will be automated by 2030. Learners who have been taught the skills of remember, understand and apply may have little opportunity compared with students who are skilled in analysis, synthesis and evaluation. Students who have developed the skills of innovative thinking will be more adaptable to future events. STEM education will develop our children as entrepreneurs of the future so that they will lead or be part of the changes that will take place.
At Futura clubs are integral to the school’s vision and part of the educational process to inspire learners in STEM subjects.
• The Space and Astronomy Club observes the celestial objects such as planets, stars, comets, meteors, nebulae, and galaxies as well as keeping up to date on the latest in aerospace advances.
• The Maths Club inculcates a love of mathematics by playing games and fun maths activities which help prepare for entry to the countries annual Maths Olympiad.
• The Oceanography Club providing a forum for students to discuss debate, socialize, and perform community service relating to the ocean and marine science. Activities include visiting Ushaka Marine World, the Sharks Board and maintaining a marine fish tank.
- Subjects - Math, Physical Sciences and Life Science
- Career Opportunities include Doctor, Physicist, Pharmacist, Actuarial Scientist, Engineer, Astronomer, Technician, Biologist, Veterinarian, Educator, Dentist, Botanist, Actuarial Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Information Systems, Food Science, Forensic Sciences, Genetics, Geohydrology, Applied Mathematics, Biotechnology, Statistics, Earth Sciences, Agricultural Science, Geology, Climatology, Viticulturist, Aviation, Water Management, Environmental Sciences, Animal Science and Plant Science
Return to main menu http://www.futurahigh.co.za/